Monday, March 4, 2013

My Weight Loss Story

If you would have known me 5 yrs ago I was totally a different person than I am today. I grew up overweight. When you can’t remember a time when you weren’t, being fat is a part of your identity. There was a part of me that believed that weight loss was impossible. Yes, I wanted to be fit, I wanted a perfect body like any other girls, but I had no drive, I had no motivation at all. To make matters worse, i used “asthma” as an excuse for not working out.

One day I woke up, feeling gutted about the way I’ve been treating myself, feeling sorry for all the insults people have thrown at me yet not doing anything about it. And that is how I get started. Losing weight ain’t easy. I remembered the first time I get off from that couch and decided to go for a jog. I couldn’t last more than 5 minutes, or so i thought. But I pushed myself. Now, I can run/jog 5 laps non stop. and I do not regret all the junk foods that I’ve given up before. i am so much healthier without them. Those words in my mind telling me that I can’t? those are liars.

I can now do many things I thought I could never have done before. You can lose weight. No matter how messed up your metabolism (more on that later), no matter how long you’ve been overweight, it is possible.


It’s been a year since I made a lifestyle change and eating healthier, and I haven’t looked back. I am content with where I am now, but I want to strive for more. It’s the ability to inspire and educate others that motivates me the most to keep going no matter how hard it can get.

“It’s not about perfect. it’s about effort. and when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. that’s how change occurs”

p/s: ingat nak sambung blogging balik hehe 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin